Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Paris Hilton: My Album’s So Good, ‘I Cry’

Post on: Aug 22, 2006 9:04 AM

Paris Hilton is releasing her album Paris on Tuesday, though for the 25-year-old hotel heiress, socialite and star of The Simple Life, making music is nothing new, she reveals.
“When I was little,” she tells Blender magazine for its September issue, she was forced to practice piano, violin and guitar “every day … since I was 11. My mom made me.”
All the practice seems to have paid off: Of her new album, she tells the magazine: “I, like, cry, when I listen to it, it’s so good.”
Already, her breathy, reggae-infused single “Stars Are Blind” has climbed to the top of Billboard’s dance music chart, and her producers are waxing enthusiastic about how hard-working Hilton is.
“She would sit for hours and not ask for a break, and she never gave me one bit of attitude,” says Kara DioGuardi, who worked on three tracks with Hilton (and whose credits include Ashlee Simpson’s “Pieces of Me”).
Hilton says she had DJs at clubs play cuts from the album without revealing the artist, to test reactions.
“People go crazy,” she says. “They love it. Everyone’s like, ‘Who is this?’ I don’t tell. Because I don’t want someone putting their phone up and recording it and making a ring tone off of it. I think when people don’t know it’s me, they won’t judge it. But if they know it’s me, then they’ll be like, ‘Ugh.’ They won’t even dance.”
Hilton, who recently told British GQ magazine that she was taking a vow of chastity for a year (”I’ll kiss, but nothing else”), also tells Blender that she’s just a girl who can’t say no – when it comes to the constant attention from fans asking for pictures and autographs.
“I think people expect me to be this bitch snob,” she says. “But I’m really nice, and I feel bad if I’m mean.”

Paris Hilton Trivia


Click blinkxit for Paris Hilton Video!

No comments: